Sunday, November 04, 2007

Paper scrapped gift


I know it's hard to believe. I've had the stuff to make this since I came back from IN/KY back in August. The picture is my cousin Sandy and me standing in what is left of a carriage trail on what was once land owned by my 5x great grandfather (Sandy's 3x great grandfather).
This is a gift I'm going to send to my cousin Sandy.
The background paper is paper salon. the frame is K&Co. the round stamps are Sandylion clear stamps. the larger journaling block is by Stampabilities. I used brilliance Ink in Cosmic Copper. and I used a Marvy scalloped circle punch. on the two little leaves are the month and year the photo was taken.
Top circle has out names, middle circle says where we are, and the bottom one says, Cousins, Friends, Family Historians.
The quote on the journaling block says "to forget one's ancestors is to be a brooke with no source, a tree with no root. ~Chinese Proverb"
This is relevent for us because we are the ONLY ones in the family with an interest in researching our family tree. It was quite an experience to stand there in that carriage trail, to see what was left of the tracks worn by years of use, and to imagine what it must have been like to live the way they did, to have to travel miles in a wagon on such rough terrain, to be so far from town.

3 comments:

Lissa Ballard said...

Beautiful Fe! Love the stamping. Those leaves are beautiful.

Jodi said...

Very pretty!

Tara O said...

this turned out awesome! I totally LOVE it.