Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Goodbye 2007, HELLO 2008

Wow, so there went another year! Was it just me or did it fly by really quickly? I'm apparently getting old or something, I couldn't even make until midnight, I was snoozing by 11:30. Maybe it's the whole, I'm not on second shift and I'm having to get up in the mornings like a normal person thing. This was definitely a banner year in the McBride house. Ian graduating was by far the highlight. We received his diploma last week, I'm thrilled to report that he graduated with honors. How awesome is that? I had to just stand there and look at it for a while with a big grin on my face.
Some other highlights this year were:
Aidan turning 5 (this just doesn't seem possible to me, I mean we just brought him home from the hospital right? right? sniff sniff)
My mom going complete off her arthritis infusions. She's feeling well enough and they were far enough in between that she's hoping she won't need them anymore. Hopefully she's right because if it turns out she's not it will take awhile to get it back under control again according to the doctor.
Christmas with a large chunk of the family. It's been a few years since we went and had a huge crowd, there were 20 of us there and only 8 missing. It was loud, the dinner was awesome (great job Jen!!), the company was fantastic, and it was a great time. I hope we can do something like this again soon, it was great seeing everyone. Aidan was thrilled to finally meet his little cousin Anson.
So all in all it was a good year. I hope this one is awesome as well.

As far as resolutions go, we know I'm not to into those right? I feel like they put way to much pressure on a person. I still have the same goals as last year, I want to keep simplifying things, getting organized, spend more time just playing and spending time with my little guy (which we did a lot of this last year, Aidan and I are much closer then we had been, We both still get frustrated at times but that's normal)and hopefully spending more time with Ian this year, since he's done with school hopefully he'll have more time for playing with us(and job hunting too).
So that's where we stand this snowy New Year's Day. Blessings to you all for the New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great year! So glad someone I know did!

Here's to another great you for you all!

Jacquie