Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Apple Honey Bundt Cake



I don't remember where I got the recipe for this, but I've had a few requests for the recipe. So I'm going to share it with you.

Apple Honey Bundt Cake

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 3 apples - peeled, cored and shredded
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil ( I used half a cup of oil and half a cup of applesauce -mine happened to be homemade, but store bought is good too, a little healthier and so yummy). Beat in the eggs until light, then stir in the honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice; stir into the batter just until moistened. Fold in the apples and nuts.

3. Bake for 50 to 65 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate and tapping out of the pan.


3 comments:

nancypinct said...

Thank you for this wonderful recipe of apple bundt cake. It really looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with me.

Anonymous said...

I visited your blog to see your doughnut and bagel recipes . . . and then I say this one, it sounds so good that I'll have to try it!!
I love bundt cakes - easy to make and share.

Thanks for the great recipe - my apples are almost ready for picking.

@wesome@bby said...

Your blog is making me hungry!