Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What Cancer Cannot Do

Today, May 24th 2006, 5:30 am; we lost Gina, they warned us last week that she only had a week left, but even with this knowledge it came as a major blow to lose her. I will always remember her beautiful smile and the fact that out of all of her siblings she was THE DIVA! She had such style! She will be so greatly missed. I can not imagine how her husband and boys must be feeling. She is the second child that my Aunt Liz has put to rest and I can't imagine how she must feel. I fully expect my child(ren) to out live me, it's what most parents expect isn't it? I can't put into words what I'm really feeling right now, grief has hit me at such odd times today, sometimes you just can't fight the overwhelming urge to just sit and cry in stunned silence.
I came across this poem several years ago, probably right around the first time Gina got sick. It says so much. Even though the cancer won this final battle, it still can not erase her memory, or the love that we all had for her. I'll close this post with the poem. Will try to write more tomorrow.
-blessed be everyone!


What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited ...
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away at peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.
~Anonymous

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

I had no idea you were writing on the blog. I'll check more often. I'll be praying for you and you family, etc. This is such a hard thing. That poem, though, is beautiful and VERY comforting. Made me smile. THANKS for sharing and hugs to you, my friend.