Thursday, June 28, 2007

Long Day

Had a rough night which lead to a long day. My little guy had me up late because he was, well, barfing for lack of a better word. I cleaned him up, cleaned up the carpet next to his bed as best I could, brushed his teeth, changed his sheets, gave him tylenol since he had a bit of fever. He then proceeded to immediately barf that back up, all over his jammies this time and his sheets and me while daddy sort of ran about like chicken with his head cut off, not quite knowing what to do. So I changed the sheets, again, changed him from the skin out, cleaned him up, and fnally got him back to bed. It was probably about 1:30 at that point. So then I tried to sleep but of course I had a hard time falling asleep because I was listening for him in case he got sick again. Then I had to get up this morning for work. Lordy but I was tired. Looking forward to a rendezvous with my pillow in a hour or two. He, by the way is feeling better, although he started the day with a bloody nose and still had a slight fever this afternoon. I sent him up a few minutes ago to try to wake his daddy up, so they could play before he had to go to sleep. He didn't come back down like he usually does, so I went up to check on him and he's curled up on my pillow, snuggled next to daddy sound asleep. Poor little man must have been worn out.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Aww... poor kids. Gald that he is starting to feel better. Hope he is 100% better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. Hope he's feeling better soon!

Kirstie said...

nothing like kids throwing up and helpless dads! Hope he's feeling much better.