Sunday, August 27, 2006

Family Tree ~ Birthday Surprise

A friend of ours from work did a wonderful thing for me for my birthday (Dave Meyers you rock!). I've been wanting to start looking up my family tree, and he's done a lot of looking up his, and has a program to put info in and everything. Well he came in on the 18th and said I've got a present for you in the test pit. I figured that he had found a few names for me, I was so excited. Then he walks up with a FAT blue folder full of stuff he's found! I had tears in my eyes, I hadn't expected him to find so much or to take so much time to put to this together. He didn't do it alone either, his wife Sam (who I went to school with) helped type alot of it into their program. I went this weekend and got Family Tree Maker so I could search even more. I started putting in Ian's side of the family too, I want to have as much put together as possible to pass on to Aidan. I've always felt like I didn't know where I came from and I don't ever want him to wonder. It really nice to know you've got roots and where they come from.
Family be warned: I'll be looking for more info so you'll be hearing from me! :)

No comments: