Monday, October 02, 2006

And so it begins

Today is going to be Ian's first night on the 12 hours shifts. He's all set, got him self all worked out as far sleeping and waking, and is actually up already, about 1 and half early. The only really big problem is I have to sleep without him in the house. This has only happened once before and that was when he was in the hospital and they thought he had something wrong with his appendix. And that time I didn't so much sleep as just lay there waiting for it to be early enough to go back to the hospital. I'm already used to him not being in the bed because he stays up late doing school work, but he's usually still here, he's right below me, we're secure because daddy is in the house. That won't be the case today. I hope I can sleep, especially since I have to work at 10 tomorrow. I also hope Aidan will go to bed without daddy sitting with him (which is why we're getting the rocking chair, daddy sits on the floor, mommy can't do that unless someone is around to help me back up). Here's to crossing my fingers that tonight goes smoothly.

No comments: