Thursday, April 05, 2007

Just a quick reminder

That I will be walking on April 29th on Chicago's Lake Front for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. If anyone would like to sponsor me, the link is in the sidebar! Every little bit helps! Help us save babies. Also if anyone is in the Chicago area and would like to join our team we'd be happy to have you! there's also a link in the sidebar for that as well.

Here's a little info about the March of Dimes and what this charity does.

Did you know that premature birth is the leading cause of new born death in the first month of life? It affects 1,305 babies a day in the United States. Those who survive may have lifelong health problems. And premature births are on the rise -- up to 27% since 1981.
That is why I am asking you to support me in March of Dimes WalkAmerica. Because premature birth can happen to any pregnant woman. In nearly half the cases, the causes are unknown. The March of Dimes is leading the way to find answers by supporting research into the causes of premature birth. I am joining the fight, and so can you.
Your support helps fund:-Research into stress and other factors that may trigger preterm labor.-Programs to educate pregnant women to recognize the warning signs of preterm labor.-Tools to help health care providers find better ways to detect women who may be at risk for preterm labor.
Please join in and help fight prematurity. Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the Walk that saves babies!
edited:
Just a little note, I went to make my own donation today (boy do I know how to procrastinate!) and discovered that this year they made it so you can even donate through PayPal. That sure makes it easy doesn't it?

No comments: